Undertaking an assessment - expectations
• Engaging with families in the assessment process.
• Understanding the importance of being child focussed and working with children and young people.
• Gathering and analysing information to identify (through evidence) the most important issues
• Identifying areas of difficulty/strength • Dealing with overwhelming situations, identifying ‘good enough’ and focusing on at risk of harm
• Understanding ‘significant harm’
• Developing skills in critical analysis and identifying a meaningful set of recommendations and conclusions
• Ability to articulate decision making and plan to eliminate or reduce risk to an acceptable level • Developing effective plans that focus on measuring change